FIRST HOME BUYER
Are you ready to make the switch?
Queensland Property Group specialises in assisting Australian’s purchase their first home.
Getting started is easier than you think! We will discuss your wants and needs so we can assist how we can help you achieve your dream of becoming a home owner.
We’ve broken the First Home Buyer process into five easy steps:
- Register Your Interest – online or call 1300 248 514
- Get Qualified – meet with your property consultant
- Pre-Approval – get finance pre-approved and calculate lend capacity
- Home & Land – secure your land in your ideal location and choose a home design that suits your lifestyle and budget
- Unconditional Approval – valuation for your approval then commence building
Government Grants and Concessions for First Home Owners
The First Home Owners’ Grant
The First Home Owners’ Grant (FHOG) is an initiative from the QLD Government to assist first home buyers into their first home sooner. The QLD Government will provide you with $15,000 towards purchasing or building your new house, unit or townhouse. To be eligible for the First Home Owners’ Grant:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or applying with someone who is
- You must have not previously owned a property in Australia
- Build or purchase a brand new home
- The property value, including the land, must be less than $750,000
- You must move into the property as your principal place of residence for a continuous 6 months within 1 year of the completed transaction
The First Home Loan Deposit Scheme
The First Home Loan Deposit Scheme was introduced by the Morrison Government to assist Australian’s to purchase their home sooner, rather than later. The Scheme will benefit 10,000 Australians per year enter into the property market.
What does this mean for you?
- First Home Buyers only need at least a 5% deposit towards their first home
- Minimises the amount of time a buyer would need to save for a deposit
- The values of homes are protected with no new property taxes on Australian residents
- Saving around $10,000 in Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI)
- Makes your dreams of homeownership become reality
Think the total amount of rent you’ve paid over the past 5 years… Wouldn’t you prefer to use that money to pay your own mortgage repayments, rather than your landlord’s?
Contact QPG today to guide you in the right direction to achieve homeownership and receive more information about the Government Grants and Concessions available to you.